Danang City is the largest city in Central Vietnam and one of the most important city-ports of the country. Danang City is located 759km (472 miles) south of Hanoi – Vietnam’s capital and 960km (600 miles) north of Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Sai Gon, the biggest city of Vietnam.
Language: Vietnamese, English
Religion: Buddhism (85%), Catholicism, Caodaism
Currency: Vietnam Dong – VND (01USD = estimated 21,500 Vietnam Dong)
Time zone: Indochina Time UTC +07:00
Major Industry: Tourism, Industrial zones, Agriculture
Climate: Tropical climate with two distinct seasons: wet and dry. Wet season is usually from September to March, and dry season lasts from April to August. Temperatures are typically high with an annual average of 25.9 °C (78.6 °F).
• Tourism: Located in between 3 World Heritage Sites: Hoi An Ancient Town, My Son Sanctuary, and Hue the Imperial Citadel, Danang is the ideal destination for tourism and leisure. With famous sightseeing spots such as Marble Mountains, Bana Hills, My Khe Beach, Son Tra Penninsula and Non Nuoc Village, Danang City rises as the most attracting city in the world. The tourism industry in the city is developing really strongly with a lot of hotels and resorts along the seaside.
• Culinary: Danang cuisine is famous not only in the country but also worldwide. Coming to Danang City, Tourists can find the strongest and boldest flavor foods here such as mi Quang (Quang noodle), bun cha ca (fish ball rice noodle), bun mam (noodle with fish sauce), banh trang thit heo (pork in dry pancake roll) etc
• Sports: Football is an essential part of Danang citizens’ lifestyle. Danang’s football club – SHB Danang F.C is one of the most highly ranked teams in football leagues and usually plays home games at Chi Lang Stadium.
Necessary phone numbers:
• Police 113
• Fire Department 114
• Ambulance 115
• Danang International Airport (+84 511) 3823 393
• Danang Railway Station (+84 511) 3823 810
• Danang Center Coach Station (+84 511) 3 76 76 79
• Danang Visitor Center (+84 511) 3 550 111
• Taxi Vinasun (+84 511) 3 68 68 68
• Taxi Mai Linh (+84 511) 3 56 56 56